Irene’s Financial Aid and Scholarship Department
Irene’s doesn’t want the cost of tuition to stop you from getting the best massage education available! We are committed to helping you acquire financing to help pay for massage school. We provide information and assistance to secure the funding you may be eligible to receive. The testimonials on this page reflect the experiance that graduates have had Irene’s massage school.
Talk to Our Financial Aid Department
Kempley Massage School Scholarship
Irene’s Kempley Massage School Scholarship is to provide assistance for applicants in need of financial help by awarding up to $2,000 of tuition. Scholarship applications are now available for you to complete. For details and an application form, contact our admissions department at 248-350-1400.
To be eligible for the scholarship you must meet all admissions requirements. The scholarship application must be submitted with your high school diploma (or equivalent), FAFSA, two letters of recommendation, and 500-700 word essay. To determine need, the scholarship committee uses commonly accepted socio-economic criteria to calculate eligibility. This scholarship is used exclusively towards Irene’s Myomassology Institute tuition.
Financial Aid & FAFSA
Irene’s Financial Aid Department is committed to assisting students access the financial aid and scholarships that they qualify for. The first step is to complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Irene’s Myomassology Institute’s school code is 035883. Our staff is happy to help you with this process. For additional information or if you have questions, please call Irene’s Financial Aid Office 248-350-1400.
In addition to federal financial aid, Irene’s is also eligible to receive funds from:
Veterans Educational Benefits
Michigan Rehabilitation Services
Oneida Nation of Wisconsin
Michigan Education Trust
Private Scholarships and Loans
Still Unsure if a Career in
Massage Therapy is Right for You?
Are You a Veteran?
You may qualify for veterans educational benefits! We are committed to giving back to those who serve our country and the family members who support them.
Our Financial Aid staff is eager to assist with your VA Education Benefits and entitlements and guiding you through the enrollment process. Please call Irene’s Financial Aid Office at 248-350-1400 for more information.
How to Apply for Financial Aid
Applying for financial aid can seem like a daunting task. Do not let that be an obstacle preventing you from achieving your goals! To be considered for federal financial aid, you must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
If you have Internet access, we encourage you to apply using FAFSA online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. This is a free application. If you are on a website asking for payment, you are on the wrong site. Applying online normally reduces processing time and help is available. However, paper FAFSAs are available by calling 800-4-FED-AID.
Remember the Financial Aid Office is here to serve you. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 248-350-1400.
Follow these following simple steps to complete your FAFSA:
- First apply for an FSA ID, which is your electronic access code. The FSA ID website is FSAID.gov. You will need your social security number to create one. Once you login, create a Save Key so you can return to your application when needed. The FSA ID will act as your signature on the FAFSA. Parent(s) of dependent students should also apply for their own FSA ID. You should never share your FSA ID with anyone.
- File your taxes prior to completing the FAFSA! You will use taxes filed two years prior to your application. For example, if you are applying for the 2019/2020 award year, you will use 2017 taxes.
- With your FSA User ID and Password, you will use the IRS Data Retrieval feature on the FAFSA website to instantly download your tax information to the FAFSA.
- Complete the FAFSA online at fafsa.ed.gov.
- The school code for Irene’s Myomassology Institute is 035883. If you have questions while completing your application, you can get free help from the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 800-4-FED-AID or call Irene’s Financial Aid Office.
- Click the sign button. Then scroll to the bottom of the page and click the submit button! Your FAFSA form is not complete until you click submit. Then you will receive a confirmation page. Be sure to print this page for your records.
- You will receive a second email stating your FAFSA has processed. Irene’s Financial Aid office should receive your FAFSA roughly 24 hours after you receive that second email.
- After you have submitted your FAFSA for processing, you and Irene’s Financial Aid Office will both receive a Student Aid Report (SAR). Review that information. Carefully follow any instructions on the SAR. Confirm that Irene’s school code is on the SAR. Remember, the school code for Irene’s Michigan Massage School is 035883.
- You may find that your SAR has been selected for verification. If so, you will be receiving a letter from the Financial Aid Office requesting additional information. If this should happen, do not panic, but submit all requested documents as soon as possible.
- After Irene’s Financial Aid Office has received your SAR from the Department of Education and any requested documentation from you, the Financial Aid Office will mail you an award letter. The award letter will notify you of the types and amounts of aid that you may receive.
My journey here at Irene’s Myomassology has been nothing short of miraculous every step of the way. After nearly a decade in the United States Army, I received a medical discharge and found it difficult to find my way. I had lost my purpose and everything I held dear. There was no hope or satisfaction to be found in the workforce. This all intensified my leg pain and increased my anxiety. I sought help at the VA and only returned with more pills and offers of surgeries. Even when I asked them to just amputate my leg, I was still denied holistic health care. So, I decided to turn that around and have the VA pay for my schooling to learn how to help myself and others.
I walked in Irene’s with a cane that now rests in the corner collecting dust. I made friends and found myself in a community that finds joy in helping one another. I thank my instructors for all the lessons. I thank my classmates for all the shared experiences. I thank Irene for planting seeds that cultivated throughout school. I plan to return to the Department of Veteran Affairs as an example of how the positive effects of massage therapy can greatly improve the quality of life and share what I learned with them.
– Daniel L., Alumni
The quality of a student’s education can be measured by a school’s instructors and learning environment. At Irene’s you get the best of both… knowledgeable instructors who care about the students and a state-of-the-art environment created and designed for learning. I graduated from Irene’s with the knowledge and confidence needed to leave corporate America and work full-time as a Myomassologist.
– A. J. S., Alumni
The moment I walked in the doors at Irenes, I felt “at home”. It was gratifying to be among like minded individuals, though we all came from different places and were different ages. The education I received was beyond excellent and I was offered multiple jobs upon graduation. All I had to say was, “I went to school at Irene’s.” It’s the Yale of the massage schools.
– Jen V., Alumni
When I interview therapists from Irene’s I know that they are top tier. They are highly competent and ready to start their careers in the Massage Therapy field.
– Shelly D., Recruiter, Employer, Zeel In-home Massage