Massage Event Application
Thank you for your interest in Irene’s Myomassology Institute’s Clinical Event Program. Irene’s continues to enhance awareness of massage therapy by participating in community events. This is accomplished while providing students the opportunity to communicate the benefits of massage while honing their therapeutic skills.
Irene’s Clinical Event Guidelines
Event Organizers must read and agree to the following terms when requesting Irene’s Student Massage Services.
- The event is for a non-profit organization or group that is hosting health related events.
- Revenue may not be generated by the massage provided.
- Massage may not be the sole purpose of the event.
- Adequate space must be provided for students. Approximately 10ft x 7ft per massage table is needed in addition to space for welcoming/registering clients.
- Organizers of outdoor events must provide a tent/pavilion or some form of shelter.
- Organizers must provide a table to register clients and a chair(s) for supervisors.
- Parking for students and supervisors must be provided.
- An area for loading and unloading massage tables must be designated.
- Massages must take place in one open area. Private rooms/sections are not allowed.
- Massage can be provided for a minimum of 3 hours and a maximum of 8 hours.
- Massages are typically 10 – 15 minutes each.
- The scheduling of appointments for on-site massages is not allowed.
- Specific dates are not always available. Please propose alternate dates whenever possible.
- All events must occur between 6am and 10pm.
- Due to a high volume of requests, organizations are limited to 1 event per year.
- All requests must be submitted at least 60 days prior to the event date to be considered. Please submit requests sooner whenever possible.
- All events will be supervised by 1 or 2 of Irene’s faculty members.
- Staff will arrive to set up 1 hour prior to the event start time. Students will arrive 30 minutes prior to the event start time.
- Event dates and times cannot be adjusted once they are approved. If you cancel after approval your organization will not be eligible for another approval until the following calendar year.
- Parking information, directions and all details must be provided 3 or more weeks prior to event.
- If approved, Irene’s cannot guarantee the number of students that will participate in your event if approved. We will not accommodate requests for specific gender. We will speak with you to establish a target number of therapists and we communicate the number of registered students two weeks prior to the event.
- Irene’s reserves the right to cancel in the rare instance that we have less than 3 students sign up for your event 3 weeks prior to the event date.