Jeff Kong Graduated May 1999

Irene’s – Why did you choose massage therapy as a career?

Jeff – I enjoyed using my hands to help others.

Irene’s – Where do you practice massage therapy?

Jeff – Tri-Covery Massage & Flexibility.

Irene’s – What is the most rewarding part of your massage career?

Jeff – Immediately bringing results to clients and creating an environment for other massage therapists to do the same.

Irene’s – Do you have a favorite memory from massage school?

Jeff – Doing my practical exam on Irene herself and afterward sitting, drinking tea, and chatting with her on her couch for a few hours afterward. So much knowledge…

Irene’s – What was the best class you took at Irene’s massage school?

Jeff – Every day was the best!

Irene’s – What bodywork modalities or massage techniques do you find most effective?

Jeff – Deep tissue. Pin and stretch.

Irene’s – What was your greatest success with a massage client?

Jeff – Each success story is special to me and 100% of my success depends on their success.

Irene’s – Where is the first place you worked after you graduated from massage school?

Jeff – A privately owned training center focusing on athletic performance and post-rehab training. Working as a massage therapist and a trainer.

Irene’s – What do you do for self-care to provide longevity for your massage career?

Jeff – Making sure to take time for myself. Working with a team of quality therapists also comes in VERY handy.

Irene’s – To what do you attribute your success as a massage therapist?

Jeff – Sincere desire to serve and help others.

Irene’s – What do you feel was the biggest mistake you made as a massage therapist and how did you address it?

Jeff – Took me too long to realize the benefits of making myself uncomfortable to learn and market myself. Also utilizing and appreciating a GREAT mentor.

Irene’s – What sets you apart from other businesses and what do you think has made you so successful?

Jeff – We have a specific niche working with athletes and individuals looking for results from pain, physical dysfunction, and issues. Learning from some of the best professionals in several different fields.

Irene’s – What marketing do you feel has worked best to promote your massage practice?

Jeff – Create “Raving Fans” from our existing clients for word of mouth. Knock their socks off and give them something to scream off the “rooftops” to tell others about you. Also, events – nothing gets people to understand why you’re different than experiencing why you’re different.

Irene’s – What continuing education have you taken after graduating from massage school?

Jeff – Many… some good. Some not as good. But ALWAYS walked away from one gold nugget from each day.

Irene’s – Do you have any advice for new massage therapists?

Jeff – Don’t be afraid to invest in yourself. Spend the first 5 years learning as much as you can. Find the right mentors and work hard to get better every session.

Irene’s – What is the best way for massage clients to contact you?

Jeff – Calling our office at 248-773-8242 or email at Kevin@tri-covery.com (I am in front of a treatment table more than a computer/phone. Kevin is my General Manager and would be more accessible than I). https://tri-covery.com/